Which AI Tool Do You Prefer: Bing AI or ChatGPT?

Bing AI versus ChatGPT, what’s your take on which one works better for you? I recently got a chance to try out the new Bing, and so far, I’ve found that ChatGPT gives me far more useful responses for my research and study needs. I’m curious to know how your experience has been. Do you have a favorite between the two?

2 Likes

Bing AI operates much like a traditional search engine but with added conversational features. Unfortunately, its functionality is quite limited, making it not very useful overall. The AI tends to be overly sensitive and easily offended, which means you have to be constantly careful to avoid triggering it and disabling the chat feature. This can be quite frustrating.

In contrast, ChatGPT stands out as far superior. It’s more advanced and less restricted than Bing AI. With its extensive knowledge base, ChatGPT can thoroughly analyze prompts and showcase impressive processing capabilities. I hope OpenAI continues to focus on innovation and development without becoming too corporate, unlike Microsoft.

1 Like

That’s interesting because I had a different experience. I found ChatGPT to be quite poor at summarizing articles and research papers. On the other hand, Bing AI provided detailed summaries of the links I shared. Although it sometimes took a few attempts to get the summary just right, it generally delivered what I needed. When I asked ChatGPT to summarize the same PDF, it mistakenly said the book had ten chapters instead of nine, and all the chapter titles were incorrect. In contrast, Bing AI got it right immediately. Bing also excelled at explaining complex concepts, using a teaching approach that involved checking my understanding before moving on to the next point. It often felt like I was interacting with a real person, until I hit the limit, of course.