What's the best way to get ChatGPT to read a PDF document?

Hey, I’ve been playing around with ChatGPT and trying to get it to read PDFs. According to the chat, it’s supposed to be able to access files from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. So, I gave it a shot and shared a public link to a bunch of PDFs on one topic. But when I asked it to answer questions based on the info in those PDFs, it said it couldn’t access them without permission.

I get it, but do you think ChatGPT-4 with its massive ‘200 Billion’ parameters will be able to handle this kind of thing?

ChatGPT-4’s increased parameters might enhance its ability to handle complex tasks, but accessing PDFs from cloud storage will likely depend on the integration and permissions granted to the model. While advancements are possible, it’s essential to consider factors like data privacy and security in implementing such features.

ChatGPT needs the right rights to read files, even if it can access files from cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. The shared PDFs’ access limitations were probably the root of the problem. Regarding ChatGPT-4’s capabilities, its expanded parameters could help it manage these kinds of activities, but permissions will still be essential.