Is ChatGPT the same as Bing AI?

Hey folks…

I’ve heard about ChatGPT and Bing AI, and I’m wondering if they are essentially the same thing or if there are differences between them. Can someone clarify?

Thanks…

Bing AI has conversational capabilities and operates similarly to conventional search engines. And that’s it! Unfortunately, its usefulness is restricted due to its limited skills. The AI needs continuous monitoring to prevent upsetting it and turning off the chat feature because it is extremely sensitive and easily offended. Its inapplicability can be annoying.

However, ChatGPT is a vastly better option. Compared to Bing AI, it is less constrained and more sophisticated. Its amazing processing capability is demonstrated by its ability to analyze a prompt utilizing its enormous knowledge. I hope OpenAI stays focused on research and development rather than become overly corporate like Microsoft.

1 Like

I would not classify them as entirely different. I think both Bots were built through the same model and all of them use GPT-4 . CoPilot also uses OpenAI’s LLM

No, Bing AI is subtly different from ChatGPT even if both are based on the same language model . In particular, you can expect longer and more creative responses from ChatGPT. Copilot, meanwhile, is meant to deliver informational responses first and foremost.