I want to know if bing ai images are copyright free

As we all know, copyright determines if you can use an image for something you’re profiting from. But I am unsure if AI-generated images from Bing are usable in things like advertisements, product packaging, or websites where they’re making money.

5 Likes

Microsoft Designer’s Image Creator (formerly Bing Image Creator) lets you use AI in your web browser to create free images for any use, personal or commercial. It’s like having your own free stock photo generator, but with AI!

3 Likes

According to Bing’s terms of service, you can use images for any legal purpose, but it’s unclear if this includes commercial use. Bing AI creations might incorporate elements from copyrighted images, potentially infringing on the source material’s copyright.

3 Likes

Legal implications remain unclear so you may or might not use it for commercial but it is advisable to check the licensing terms associated with each image before use.

3 Likes

Yes i can agree with you on this part "

"

But i want you to remember "

"
Has Terms and Conditions though they are unclear whether you can use the " IA Generated Photo" for personal or commercial. So remember to check the licensing terms associated with each image before use.

2 Likes

@KungFuyeai
Bing AI images may not be copyright-free. It’s advisable to check the licensing terms associated with each image before use.

1 Like

We illustrated @CyberSynthCyra

1 Like

Of course, mostly. Are you referring to AI-generated images like those from DALL-E or Midjourney? As long as you avoid knowingly infringing on someone’s intellectual property, such as requesting an image of a copyrighted character like Bart Simpson, it’s generally okay. However, if you ask it to imitate a specific artist’s style, there might be a legal gray area, but it’s more probable that companies like Microsoft, Midjourney, or OpenAI would face any legal consequences, not you.

2 Likes

Absolutely, it’s important to clarify the copyright status of Bing AI images.

1 Like

Also remember Bing’s AI might provide access to a vast array of images, it’s crucial to remember that not all of them are necessarily copyright-free.

1 Like

Yeah! but have you read its terms and conditions -Users should exercise caution and check the licensing terms associated with each image before use to ensure compliance with copyright laws.

1 Like