Can you get banned from Bing AI?

Hey,
I was playing around with Sydney’s prompts just like everyone else on this subreddit. But it seems like Microsoft/Bing didn’t like that. Yesterday or the day before, I got a message at the bottom of the chat window saying, “You can’t use this product anymore. Please try again later.” But after a few hours, that message disappeared. It kept saying something went wrong, so I thought I’d try again the next day, but I’m still getting the same message. It would’ve been helpful if Bing sent me an email saying I was temporarily or permanently banned, but I haven’t received anything. Here’s a screenshot of the chat window from about 20 minutes ago. Does anyone know what’s happening? I haven’t seen any other posts about this.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding why Bing would ban you for just teasing a chatbot.

That sounds frustrating. It’s odd that Bing didn’t provide clearer communication about the issue. Have you tried reaching out to their customer support for clarification? They might be able to shed some light on why you’re experiencing this and help resolve the issue. In the meantime, I hope it gets sorted out soon