Can Chatgpt summarize youtube videos?

Does ChatGPT have the ability to provide summaries of YouTube videos?

1 Like

Yes, ChatGPT currently has the ability to summarize YouTube videos.
It can do so by any of the following methods:

• Manual Transcription: You can transcribe the video yourself or use a transcription service like Fireflies or Whisper AI. Once you have the transcript, you can input it into ChatGPT and ask for a summary.
  • Browser Extensions: There are browser extensions like “YouTube Summary with ChatGPT” that can automatically generate summaries for YouTube videos. These extensions often provide interactive summaries with timestamps and transcript access.
  • Direct Prompts: You can also directly ask ChatGPT to summarize a video by providing the video link and specifying what kind of summary you need, such as key takeaways in bullet points3

Unfortunately, ChatGPT is incapable of summarizing YouTube videos. However, it can summarize the key points in the video when offered a transcript or provide a relevant description of what you want through the title of the video.

I only use ChatGPT for generating my YouTube video script. I cant pay 6$ for it :tired_face:.

Yes, it can. However, since it can’t watch videos directly, you can provide it with a transcript, key points, or descriptions from the video, and it can create a summary based on that information.

Of course it can. All you have to do is feed it a transcript or offer vivid descriptions about the segment in the video that you want summarized.

ChatGPT cannot directly access or process YouTube videos. It is a text-based AI model, hence it can only analyze and comprehend written content.