Why is everything called AI today

You know, a while back, there were tons of web systems doing amazing things without ever labeling themselves as “AI.” But now, it seems like everything claims to be using AI, even for simple tasks like converting PDF to PNG.

It feels like we’re reaching a point where someone might say, “Check out my AI that can add two numbers.” What’s going on? How can I tell if my program is really using AI or not? Is it just about the number of conditions it has?

1 Like

Everything seems to be called AI today because the field has grown a lot. Now, the term is used for many technologies that show some kind of intelligence or automation.
AI originally meant creating systems that could do tasks needing human intelligence, like learning, reasoning, solving problems, seeing, and understanding language. Now, the term also includes any software that does humanlike activities, such as making decisions, automating tasks, and even simple data analysis.

1 Like

So, traditionally, AI aimed to achieve human-like intelligence in machines. Today, the term has broadened to encompass various applications that involve machine learning, automation, and complex pattern recognition.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right, but explain a little more

1 Like

Companies frequently label their products as AI-driven to capitalize on the buzz around artificial intelligence.