How To Install Chatgpt On Ubuntu

Hey all,

I’ve been reading amazing things about ChatGPT, and I’m itching to try it out on my Ubuntu system. I used to play around with [mention a different AI chatbot tool], but ChatGPT seems like the next level. The problem is, I can’t seem to find clear instructions on how to install it on Ubuntu. Is it even possible? I saw some stuff about “ChatGPT Desktop” but wasn’t sure if that’s the real deal.

Any Ubuntu wizards out there have experience with ChatGPT? Is there a safe and straightforward way to get it running?

1 Like

Hey Oliver… To run ChatGPT on your Ubuntu system, start by downloading ChatGPT Desktop from the OpenAI website, ensuring you select the Linux (Ubuntu) version. Once downloaded, navigate to the directory containing the downloaded file in your terminal, make it executable using chmod +x filename, and then run the installer with ./filename or sudo ./filename depending on permissions. Follow the prompts to complete the installation, ensuring any dependencies listed on the download page are met. After installation, you can launch ChatGPT from your applications menu or by typing chatgpt in the terminal. ChatGPT Desktop provides a user-friendly way to experience the capabilities of ChatGPT directly on your Ubuntu desktop environment.

1 Like

You can follow the following YouTube guide for better understanding,