How many words can ChatGPT summarize?

How many words can ChatGPT summarize?

2 Likes

The length and complexity of the document, as well as the intended length of the summary, determine how many words ChatGPT can efficiently summarize. ChatGPT can generally summarize texts up to a few thousand words. Here are some rules to follow:

Brief Documents (up to 2,000 words): It is simple to summarize and can be done in a succinct manner.
Medium Documents (2,000ā€“5,000 words): Additional attention to important areas may be necessary, although the summary can still be useful.
Long Documents (more than 5,000 words): In order to create an overall summary, it may be necessary to divide the document into sections and summarize each one separately.

Please attach any specific documents you would need summarized, and I will create a summary in line with your request.

1 Like

The amount that ChatGPT can summarize text varies depending on its version.

Standard version (free): Maximum word count is 3,000.
Paid version: Possibly up to 6,000 words (limited information available).

Recall that word count is not as important as summary quality.

Part summaries may be a better way to summarize dense documents.

For really extensive documents, take into consideration other summarizing tools.

I have been using ChatGPT for a while now, and to be honest, I have never paid much attention to the maximum number of words it can handle. Iā€™m going to look into it.